3 Ways to Accomplish Goals in 2014
How was your 2013?
It’s time for performance reviews at work, so I’ve been reflecting on my professional accomplishments (and short-comings) that happened in 2013. Performance reviews don’t necessarily have to be for the professional part of your life. It’s just as easy to review personal accomplishments, no matter what they may be.
I’m going to share some of the best parts of my 2013, both personal and professional. Then I’ll share some tips that will help you have a great 2014.
2013 in review:
- Celebrated one year at my company.
- Threw a surprise birthday party for my wife.
- Moved into a new position at work.
- Celebrated one year of marriage.
- Started this blog.
I find it to be healthy to think back over the past year. What did you do well? What did you do not so well? Did something amazing happen? Be sure to ask yourself those questions, among others, to figure out how well you’re doing at accomplishing goals.
Here are three things you can do now to make 2014 your best year yet.
- Make a list-Think about what goals you want to accomplish and write them down. People also tend to accomplish goals if they make them public, so share your goals with friends and family. You might even find a source of motivation and support.
- Prioritize- Make sure you’re spending your time wisely by focusing on things that are most important to you. It’s easy to get distracted by smaller tasks, so stay focused on your priorities.
- Set a date- Give yourself a deadline for completing goals. This can be done while you’re prioritizing your goals. Be realistic with your timeline. As they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Whether you want to accomplish life-long goals or just your New Year’s resolution, it’s not too late cross them off your list. If you find the proper motivation and commit to yourself, you’re bound to have a great year.
Here is one of my favorite quotes about goals:
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what your become by achieving your goals.” -Henry David Thoreau
How was your 2013? I’d love to hear about some of the great things that happened!